- Contest is open to the public, artists of all ages, amateur and professional may apply
- All submissions must be 2-D
- Submitted art may be no larger than 11 x 17 inches
- All art media are accepted including photography
- Work must be original
- Poster will be a limited edition, signed printing of 100
- Submitted art should be unframed (please protect art in a sleeve, folder or such)
- Do not sign your artwork
- Garlic Festival text will be added later, do not include text in your submission
- Entry form must accompany ALL submissions – please attach in a secure manner
- Artist may submit up to two (2) pieces
Submission Drop Off Information
Submissions are to be dropped off by May 8th at the Chamber Office: 1715 Bay Ave, #1, Ocean Park Hours are 12 pm – 4 pm Tuesday – Saturday.
The winning poster will be selected by an impartial panel, with the winner notified by May 12th
All non-winning poster entries should be picked up at the office, after May 12th
Winning artist receives $150 cash prize and gift of two (2) posters
The winning artwork will best illustrate the spirit and essence of this long-standing festival… garlic, of course, is to be featured. Bold, clear design with excellent use of color is what we are looking for.
All winning image reproduction rights and original artwork become property of OPACC. No further compensation, other than the Cash Prize and Poster allocation will be awarded. Winning artist will be acknowledged whenever the artwork is used and may reference the work in their portfolio and as a marketing tool, but may not sell further images of the artwork piece. Artist agrees to be available to sign all 100 limited edition prints, at mutually agreed upon time, before the unveiling date of June 12, 2020.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 360-665-4448
Sponsored by Ocean Park Area Chamber of Commerce