Village Club was created November 30, 2017 to once again find a group of “doers”; not “complainers”. Residents from the north end of the Long Beach Peninsula: Ocean Park, Klipsan Beach, Nahcotta, Oysterville, Surfside and areas between, have come together to work for the benefit of the community. The group is based on the original 1930’s Ocean Park group that brought many improvements to the peninsula.
Goals identified so far are:
* Find solutions for county & state issues regarding code/law enforcement, roadside trash, traffic concerns
* Learn to better partner with government departments
* Provide reference and resource material on the OP Village Club website
* Use the power of one voice representing many voices
* Support local events through volunteerism to ensure those events continue to succeed and thrive
* Empower the sense of community and neighborliness by getting to know one another
* Support the schools
* Find solutions for problems such as: homelessness, mental health concerns and drug issues
Our first group project was an April 23rd Village Club Roadside Trash Pick-Up. This will be an ongoing event. Working with Jack’s Country Store and the Port of Peninsula, Village Club has planted close to 13,000 daffodil bulbs and expects to add to that amount every year.
The group is non-political.
Membership is annual – Individual $5 Family $10 Business $10
Bonnie Lou Cozby
PO Box 162
Ocean Park, WA 98640