Annual NW Garlic Festival Poster Contest
To download the entry form in PDF format, CLICK HERE.
- Contest is open to the public, amateur and professional artists may apply
- All submissions must be 2-D
- Submitted art may be no larger than 11 x 17 inches
- All art media are accepted including photography
- Work must be original
- Finished poster will be 11 x 18 inches
- Poster will be a limited edition, signed printing of 100
- Submitted art should be unframed (please protect art in a sleeve, folder or such)
- Art may be signed
- Garlic Festival text will be added later, do not include text in your submission
- Entry form must accompany ALL submissions – please attach in a safe but secure manner
- Artist may submit up to two (2) pieces
- Submission Drop Off Information
Submissions are to be dropped off at the Ocean Chamber of Commerce up until the day before PAA’s May 15th meeting, or at 6 pm during Peninsula Arts Association’s May15th meeting at 104 3rd NW & Pacific Hwy, Long Beach.
PAA members will choose the winning entry at the close of the meeting.
All non-winning poster entries should be picked up at the close of the selection process (about 7 pm) or at the Ocean Park Area Chamber office in Ocean Park on Bay Ave.
- There will be a cash prize of $150 for the winning artist and gift of two (2) posters.
- PAA members attending the May15th meeting will vote the winner.
- The winning artwork will best illustrate the spirit and essence of this long-standing festival…garlic, of course, is to be featured. Bold, clear design with excellent use of color is what we are looking for.
- All winning image reproduction rights and original artwork become property of Peninsula Arts Association. No further compensation, other than the Cash Prize and Poster Allocation will be awarded. Winning artist will be acknowledged whenever the artwork is used and may reference the work in their portfolio and as a marketing tool, but may not sell further images of the piece. Artist agrees to be available to sign all 100 limited edition prints, at a mutually agreed upon time, before the unveiling date of June 9
Questions – email firstname.lastname@example.org
The unveiling will be June 9th